DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that is essential for the development of a healthy brain, as well as nerves and eyes.* DHA is especially important for healthy fetal and infant development, accumulating in a baby’s developing brain primarily during the third trimester of pregnancy through the first two years of life.* DHA supports a healthy pregnancy as well.* Although the body can make some DHA, its conversion rate is low, so most DHA needs to be consumed in the diet. The primary dietary sources of DHA – fatty, cold-water fish – aren’t heavily consumed in a western diet, so an omega-3 nutritional supplement can help a mother reach an optimal DHA level.
Benefits of Thorne’s Prenatal DHA:
- Provides nutritional support for a healthy pregnancy*
- Supports memory and mood – before, during, and after pregnancy*
- Promotes normal fetal brain and nervous system development*
- Supports metabolism by helping to maintain a healthy insulin response*
- Promotes DHA levels in breast milk to support baby’s growth and development*
- Supports immune function*
- Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response*
- Promotes healthy heart function*
Features of Thorne’s Prenatal DHA:
- Provides 650 mg of DHA and 200 mg of EPA per serving
- Rosemary, mint, and mixed tocopherols help reduce fish burps and are gentle on the stomach for mothers who experience pregnancy-related nausea*
- The easy-to-take gelcaps are smaller than most omega-3 supplements
- Tested for more than 250 environmental contaminants, including heavy metals, pesticides, dioxins, and PCBs
DHA by the numbers:
- Approximately 60 percent of a healthy brain is comprised of fat.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the brain.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the retina.
- Two lobes of the brain – frontal and prefrontal – rely heavily on DHA and are responsible for the ability to learn, problem solve, focus attention, and maintaining a positive mood.*
- Average daily U.S. adult intake of DHA and EPA is only 90 mg; and only 40 mg in children and teenagers.
- Most researchers recommend a minimum of 500 mg DHA + EPA daily.
Quality Above All
We commit to providing supplements with only the purest and most bioavailable ingredients, as well as thorough testing protocols to ensure quality.
Essential Nutrients for Optimal Wellness
We understand the importance of supplements in achieving health and wellness. We offer nutrition in a variety of forms, including capsules, liquids, and powders, to make it easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
Through personalized care and a wide range of products, we aim to empower our customers to live longer and healthier lives, and ensure wellness at every stage of life.