What are the special features of L. plantarum compared to other Lactobacillus species?
- Its unique genome allows this bacteria species to more easily adapt to different environmental conditions.
- It has a high tolerance for high acidic environments, such as the acidity of the stomach.
- It’s a species naturally found in high concentrations in lactic acid-fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, capers, and brined olives, as well as grape juice and wine.
- It has a pronounced ability to adhere to the mucosal cells in the GI tract.
- It has proven colonization in the intestines.
- L. plantarum is a major representative of the Lactobacillus flora in the GI tract of healthy individuals.
- It demonstrates an antibiotic resistance profile analyzed by Minimal Inhibitory Concentration testing.
What are some special features of Thorne’s FloraPro-LP Probiotic – L. plantarum 6595?
Proprietary Bio-Tract® technology protects this probiotic strain of bacteria from destruction by stomach acid. This same technology also provides a controlled, extended-release delivery that first begins to release content after the ingredient reaches the small intestine. FloraPro-LP is provided in small spheres (8 mm), which allows for ease of dosing, even in children.
Quality Above All
We commit to providing supplements with only the purest and most bioavailable ingredients, as well as thorough testing protocols to ensure quality.
Essential Nutrients for Optimal Wellness
We understand the importance of supplements in achieving health and wellness. We offer nutrition in a variety of forms, including capsules, liquids, and powders, to make it easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
Through personalized care and a wide range of products, we aim to empower our customers to live longer and healthier lives, and ensure wellness at every stage of life.